Auto Accident Claims in Montana
After a car accident occurs, it is crucial to understand your legal rights in the state where the accident took place. In Montana, fault rules apply to auto accidents. This means if a careless, drunk, or negligent driver causes you injuries or damages in an accident, the at-fault driver - or more likely his or her automobile insurance company - is responsible for the damage he or she causes. The at-fault driver has to pay compensation, called damages, which are typically paid by his or her liability automobile insurance company.
Medical bills, pain, and suffering in car accident cases can be significant. Crash victims and their families know that the financial losses can be staggering and the emotional losses impossible to measure.
At Holm Law Firm, our experienced Montana auto accident attorney knows how much is at stake when you or a loved one has been involved in a car wreck. We’ll put our successful litigation experience to work to make sure you are fully compensated for all of your crash losses.
Car & Truck Accidents
Whether you've been the victim of a head-on accident, T-bone collision, rear-end crash, tailgating, drunk or texting driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and possibly other damages. You need experienced counsel to help your case. Contact a Billings, Montana, auto accident attorney today.
Dealing with the insurance company is the last thing you want to worry about if you've been seriously injured in an automobile accident. Even knowing what type of coverage may apply to your claim is complex, and the insurance companies are not on your side. Holm Law Firm pursues, negotiates, and settles insurance claims on your behalf, so you can obtain the most in your insurance claim.
In tragic fatal car wrecks, wrongful death damages may be available to the family.
We respect and understand the emotional pain and suffering you are going through, and Holm Law Firm prides itself on providing dedicated, personalized representation to families going through the tragic loss of a loved one because of a catastrophic car accident.
We are here to help you and your family. Contact us to learn how we can help.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover in Your Auto Accident Claim
The compensation you could recover from a car wreck in Montana will depend on the specific facts of the case, a variety of legal matters, and the amount of insurance available to pay an award or settlement. Some examples of the kinds of damages you may be entitled to after a car accident in Montana include:
- Payment of past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Repairs to or replacement of your destroyed vehicle
- Loss of use of your damaged vehicle, which may include the cost of a rental vehicle
If a negligent driver caused the death of a family member, your family may be able to bring a wrongful death claim to recover things like funeral expenses, medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and other similar damages.
What to do After a Car Accident in Montana
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are several things you can do to help protect yourself and preserve your legal rights.
- Obtain medical treatment immediately for any injuries, even though some types of injuries may not be apparent right after the accident under the stress and adrenaline of the situation.
- Call the police so they can write a crash report. The police report may provide information about why and how the accident occurred, and law enforcement can help with the next step.
- Collect information from the other driver. Try to write down their name and address from their driver’s license, along with the name and policy number of their insurance company.
- Talk to any witnesses to the accident and get their name and contact information.
- Take photos of the accident scene, vehicles, and your injuries. Nowadays most people carry a cellphone with a camera, making it easy to snap a few photos at the scene.
- Contact an experienced Montana personal injury attorney at Holm Law Firm.